1kg baby red potatoes cut in half
50g fresh turmeric grated
6 garlic cloves grated
6 tbl olive oil
3 tsp rosemary
2 tsp white sugar salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Boil potatoes for around 10 minutes or until they are just starting to soften around the edges – make sure you do not over cook them. If they are too soft it will compromise the crunch factor.
3. Once boiled, drain and toss voraciously in a strainer and allow to steam for about 5 minutes. This will remove excess moisture.
4. While potatoes are boiling/ steaming out, make the turmeric paste. For best results - use either a mortar and pestle (unless its white, because turmeric) or a small hand held processor. If you don’t have either of these and the garlic and turmeric is very finely grated you can just mix in a small bowl. Blitz together turmeric, garlic, olive oil and sugar until a rough paste has formed.
5. Put the potatoes back in the saucepan which they were boiled, add the turmeric paste and toss so all the potatoes are evenly coated.
6. Place potatoes on a baking tray sprinkle with salt pepper and rosemary and bake until golden and brown – roughly 45 minutes. Half way through baking flip the potatoes over so they cook evenly.