11/2 tsp powdered gelatine
¼ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
1 can 400ml light coconut milk
½ tsp vanilla bean
¼ cup lime juice & zest (less)
2 tbl sugar
½ fresh pineapple finely diced dash of lime juice
1 tbl sugar
sprig of mint
toasted coconut to serve
1. In a medium saucepan, add coconut milk, cream and sugar and bring to a boil.
2. In a small bowl, add water and gelatine. Mix well until gelatine has dissolved.
3. Once boiled, add vanilla, gelatine, lime juice and lime zest.
4. Spray 6 small 100ml panna cotta moulds with oil. Alternatively, you can set it in a glass instead.
5. Pour the mix evenly into the 6 moulds and set in the fridge for minimum 3 hours but preferably overnight.
6. To make salsa, mix together fresh pineapple, lime juice, sugar, and mint.
7. To serve, turn out the panna cottas from the mould onto a bowl or a small dessert plate. Top with salsa and toasted coconut.