1 sheet shortcrust pastry, defrosted
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup full fat cream
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
3 whole eggs
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
4 teaspoons plain flour
Full fat cream for serving
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celcius (fan forced).
2. Meanwhile, add milk, cream, brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla extract, flour, shredded coconut and eggs in a large bowl, and mix until well combined.
3. Line a 9" pie tin with shortcrust pastry and trim the edges to fit. Add diced pineapple to the pastry shell, ensuring it is evenly spread. Cover with coconut batter.
4. Bake the pie in the oven for 60-70 minutes, until firm but still jiggly. Check the pie halfway through cooking time to ensure it's not browning too much on top.Turn your oven down if this is occurring. Once cooked, set pie aside to cool before placing it in fridge for a further 20 minutes to allow to set.
5. Garnish with pineapple rounds and shredded coconut.
To Serve: Top with cream.